Training Course: Localization for Translation Professionals
The Vice Presidency for Female Student Affairs represented by the Translation Center and the Institute of Research and Studies is pleased to announce a training course entitled: Localization for Translation Professionals
The program bill be held from 13-22 February 2023, for 6 days - 28 training hours
from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Dr. Mohammed Al-Batineh, an associate professor at United Arab Emirates University, a researcher and practitioner in the field of localization.
- Mr. Amer Qobti, a lecturer at King Khalid University, a localization practitioner and PhD. researcher at Kent State University.
- Increase the number of localization professionals in the Kingdom to meet the job market high demand.
- Master localization essentials and practices.
- Knowledge enrichment and application of knowledge.
- Course-completion certificate from the Saudi Electronic University and the Institution of Research and Studies.
- Training materials and live training sessions.
- Free individual consultation.
- Individual final project at the end of the course.
- Introduction to localization and its essentials
- The essence of localization and its relation to translation (terms and concepts)
- Cultural differences and localization
- Localization and Technology
- Programming language
- CAT tools
- Localization in practice
- Apps localization
- Websites and SEO localization
- Video games localization
- Localization project management
- Final project
- Registration starts on January 29 until February9, 2023
- Book your place early, seats are limited.
- To register, click HERE.
- The program will be delivered virtually via zoom, attendance link will be sent via email.
- Fees: 1680 SAR
- Target Audience: translation practitioners