Dr. Lilac Ahmad AlsafadiPresident of Saudi Electronic University
- Saudi Electronic University
- PhD in Computer Science from the University of Wollongong, Australia - 2002
- Master's in Computer Science from the University of Wollongongin, Australia - 1998.
- Professor, Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, specialized in data science and artificial intelligence.
- Vice President of National Technology at Microsoft.
- More than 15 years of academic leadership experience and quality and accreditation consultancy.
- Consultant on leading initiatives in the national transformation and the Kingdom's 2030 vision in several ministries, authorities and semi-governmental companies.
- Executive Director of the Technology Incubator of the Riyadh Valley Company at King Saud University, responsible for promoting the entrepreneurial spirit and transferring knowledge to technology-based profit institutions and as a member of its Board of Directors - 2010.
- General supervisor at the Center for Entrepreneurship in the departments of science and medical studies at King Saud University - 2008 AD.
Membership of Committees and scientific Organizations
- Member of the World Intellectual Center of Artificial Intelligence.
- Member of several advisory boards for emerging technology-based companies, small and medium-sized enterprise development committees, and the digital economy committee at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Riyadh and Jeddah.
- Member of the Board of Directors at Technology Incubator of the Riyadh Valley Company at King Saud University.
- More than 50 scientific papers and participating in international conferences.
Awards and Privileges
- The first Saudi woman to obtain a doctorate in computer science.
- Several awards in academic leadership and teaching.