The Deanship Council for the Deanship of Graduate Studies considers all matters relating to postgraduate studies at the University. It is responsible for making necessary decisions and recommendations within its authority, as assigned under Article V of the Unified Bylaws of graduate studies in Saudi Universities. It is in charge of:
1. Proposing or modifying the general policy for graduate studies, and coordinating it for all the University faculties and following-up implementation after approval.
2. Proposing internal regulations in coordination with scientific departments regarding the organization of graduate studies.
3. Proposing and implementing the requirements of admission to graduate studies.
4. Reviewing new proposed graduate programs, and recommending their approval.
5. Recommending approval of new graduate courses, and modification or replacement of current courses and programs.
6. Recommending titles of graduate degrees in both Arabic and English councils based on the recommendation of the colleges.
7. Recommending degrees granting.
8. Deciding on all matters relating to graduate students at the University.
9. Approving the formation of the supervision and examination committees for Theses.
10. Forming the overall framework for the research plan and the theses regulations for writing, offsetting, printing, producing and presenting, and forming theses submission, examination and refereeing forms and reports.
11. Evaluating graduate programs at the university on a regular basis by internal or external committees or specialized bodies.
12. Evaluating and discussing periodic reports by the scientific departments.
13. Studying referred issues by the University Council, its chairman or the Rector of university, and providing recommendation.