The Scientific Council was established according to Article (33) of the university system issued by Royal Decree No.305 dated 10/7/1435 AH, which supervises the scientific affairs of faculty members, as well as research, studies and publishing affairs, and its tasks include the following:
- Recommend hiring university faculty members.
- Consider the scientific promotions for the university faculty members according to the rules approved by the Higher Education Council.
- Encourage scientific research, writing, translation and publishing through:
- Establish rules to encourage conducting scientific research.
- Propose establish scientific research centers.
- Coordinate between scientific research centers and make a general plan for them.
- Organize the link with research centers off campus.
- Determine the encouragement and appreciation rewards for scientific works.
- Publish researches, writings, and thesis which should be published.
- Recommend the issuance of scientific journals.
- Recommend establishing scientific institutes and museums and coordinating between them.
- Approve of what is referred to as books and thesis that need to be reviewed.
- Evaluate the scientific certificates which submitted by Saudi faculty members.
- Consider what is referred to them by the University Council.
|1||Dr. Mohammed Abdulrahman Al-awairdhi||Head||Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research|
|2||Dr. AbdulLatif Ahmad Al-Ghayhab||Member||King Saud University|
|3||Dr.Sultan Mfarih Alamri||Member||Representative of the College of Computing and Informatics|
|4||Dr. Hamad Hussain Balhareth||Member||Representative of the College of Administrative and Financial Sciences|
|5||Dr. Muhammad Abdul Rahman Al-Muhaidif||Member||Representative of the College of Health Sciences|
|6||Dr. Salem Rashid Alazizi||Member||Representative of the College of Science and Theoretical Studies|
|7||Dr. Ebtesam Saleh Alothman||Member||Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University|
|8||Dr. Marwah Mohammad Almasri||Secretary||Dean of Graduate Studies|
|9||Haifa Saleh Alwadei||Secretary||Office Manager of Dean of Graduate Studies|
Deadlines for Receiving Requests to the Scientific Council
Application for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor, and Full Professor
March 28, 2024
Application for book consideration within the minimum scientific publication for promotion
Application to publish/ compose/ translate books
Appointment/transfer to the rank of Assistant Professor or above (applicants from outside the university).
|Appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor from the university (University faculty members).||
March 28, 2024
Faculty members resignation.
|Scientific Sabbatical/Communication||Academic sabbatical applications for the year 1445 AH|
|Conferences||Application to attend conferences and seminars|
|Excellence Allowance||Excellence allowance application.|
The Complete BylawsDownload
Executive rules for the appointment of faculty members at the universityDownload
Excellence reward allowanceDownload
Terms and Conditions for Scientific PublicationDownload
Regulations for Faculty Members’ Participation in Scientific Conferences and SymposiaDownload
Executive Rules of Scientific CommunicationDownload
Academic sabbatical bylaw and its executive rulesDownload
Promotions Faculty MembersDownload
Phone : 0112613500
Ext : 3099
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box : 93499 – Riyadh: 11673