Course Equivalency for the Common First Year
Equivalency process for the English Language Course
1. Students are allowed to equate the English course when they obtain the required degree of standard tests approved by the university:
2. The approved standard tests for the English Language course equivalency must be no later than two years from the date of commencing the academic year.
3. Send the request via (English equivalency) on Student Services.
4. The concerned Committee will examine and ensure the validity of data and the percentage of student's absence.
Note that the deadline of receiving equivalency inquiries is a week before STEP exam offered by the university.
Equivalency Process for the Common First Year Courses
Applying for equivalency of MATH (001), Computer (CS 001), Communication Skills (COMM 001), and Academic Skills courses (CI 001) requires the following:
1. Send the equivalency request via (Common First Year courses equivalency) on student services.
2. The applicant must be accepted at the university.
3.Content should be matched with the content presented in the Common First Year.
4.Course completion should not have been more than 5 years.
5.The minimum GPA of the course must be at least (C) GOOD.
6.The number of academic Units (study hours) must be matched with the number of course's study hours in the Common First Year. Two courses may be equated with the Common First Year course to complete the equal number of hours.
7. The educational institution must be approved by the Saudi Electronic University. The university does not accept course equivalency from private institutes.
8.Student must provide a certified academic transcript copy.
9.Student must provide accurate and confirmed descriptions for only the course that required equivalency.
10.Course descriptions must be matched with the code and course number in the academic transcript.
11.Students must upload all the required documents above and fill the required equivalency form.
12. Requested equivalency must be within the registration semester period.
13.Mathematics and computer study's language must be in English.
14.The applicant must hold full responsibility of data accuracy that provided to University regarding the equivalency request.