Common Semester (Law and E-Media Department)

Common Semester (Law and E-Media Department)

Studying System

Study system at university based on that student is an active researcher for knowledge and its acquisition. This requires a new vision of learner roles in higher education based on responsibility, self-leadership and learning to achieve academic progress and successes. Therefore, the student bears full responsibility to pass courses based on University Learning Approach .University offers modern education depending on the technology utilization in teaching and learning processes. In addition, the role for faculty member is only to guide and motivate the educational process in order to ensure the learning achievement.

The university follows blended-learning approach, this system requires to attend direct lectures by 25% according to the academic schedule and the remaining 75% is distributed to attend virtual classrooms. educational forums, and permanent follow-up of the digital education contents.

Adhere to attend at least virtual 12 hours per week in English Language Course through Oxford system which includes interactive activities and virtual classrooms.

New students in the Common First year are not allowed to request the following academic procedures: (Semester Withdrawal, semester Postponement, course Withdrawal) *The University Council may make an exception from this requiremet if there are convincing reasons


Passing Common Semester

The beginning of the Common semester for law and Digital media departments is in the second semester of each academic year. to pass this semester, it must be pass the three required courses: (English language, computer, academic skills).

The equivalence of the English language course is required to get (68)or more in (STEP), or (4,5) or more in (IELTS) , and students who cannot get the required score will not be enrolled in the academic majors that is offered by SEU. In case of that the student does not get the required score, he can get the minimum requirement (45) in (STEP) or (3) in (IELTS) , in addition to the total grade (23) points.

To pass the rest of the Common Semester courses (Computer, Academic Skills), it must be acquired the minimum of total course grade 60%.

Student cannot register in any faculty courses until passing the English course.

The English course score will not be counted in the GPA and it is considered as a failure or success course. The rest of courses will be counted in GPA.

In case of failure to pass all three courses in the Common Semester, the student will be suspended from the university.

In case of failure to pass two courses or less in the Common Semester, the student will be given the opportunity to repeat the courses in the summer course through virtual classrooms, educational forums and interaction with other electronic systems without direct attendance.

Students, who failed in the English course, require to register English Language course in summer semester and pay fees of (8) hours instead of (16) hours whereas all other course should be paid as normal charges.

The English language course hours are calculated but the GBA of the course is not considerd. It is monitored in the end of semester one of the following symbols: (NP) Successful without grading, (NF) failed but without grading, ,Passing English course is a main requirement for registering all specialized courses, including the rest of the Common First Year courses at the third level.

Note that Academic schedules and procedures are indicated in the academic calendar.