Lecture: Basics of Academic Writing for Higher Education Students
The College of Health Sciences represented by the Community Services Unit / Health Informatics Department invites you to attend a lecture entitled: Basics of academic writing for higher education students.
Provided by Dr. Khaled Ouanes, A faculty member in the health informatics department, College of Health Sciences.
Meeting moderator: Dr. Nesren Farhah, A faculty member in the health informatics department, College of Health Sciences.
The lecture will be held on Monday, November 15, 2021, from 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM.
The lecture will discuss the following issues
- Why Writing skills are Important in Academic settings?
- Insights on the academic writing process.
- Suggestion of a simple writing process.
- Important definitions and concepts related to academic writing.
- Brainstorming, outlining, drafting, and proofreading.
- Components of a paper.
- Plagiarism: What is it and how to avoid it.
- This lecture is provided to students and those interested.
- The course will be delivered virtually via Blackboard through the link HERE.
- lecture will be delivered in English language.
We look forward to seeing you at the sessions