The College of Computing and Informatics offers a Bachelor program in Computer Science which aims to qualify specialized and excellent workforce in the field of computer science and information technology, to contribute to community service through a variety of programs, to carry out research addressing IT real life problems, to prepare excellent Saudi professionals in the field of computing and IT to carry out major IT projects for the benefit of kingdom and its population and to offer consultancy and training services in the specialization of the college in first-class pedagogical environment.
1. Recognize the concepts of computing and mathematics related to the discipline.
2. Identify the current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for the computing practice.
3. Comprehend the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and the society.
4. Analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
5. Implement mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theories in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
6. Apply theories and principles using cutting edge technologies in the implementation and evaluation of computer-based systems.
7. Construct software systems of varying complexity to meet desired needs by following the analysis, design, implementation and testing principles.
8. Function effectively on teamwork activities to accomplish a common goal.
9. Identify the needs for continuous development of professional skills with the ability to engage all group members.
10. Realize professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
11. Communicate effectively with a range of audiences, both orally and in a written form, using appropriate media.
1. Computer Scientist
2. Software Engineer
3. Software Developer
4. Systems Analyst
5. Technical support specialist
6. Web Developer
7. Network Architect
8. Database Administrator
9. Information Security Analyst
10. Artificial intelligence specialist
11. System Developer
12. Software project manager
13. Software Quality Assurance Specialist
14. Software Tester
Welcome to the Computer Science Department!
The Computer Science Department is one of the academic departments at the College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) in Saudi Electronic University (SEU). The CCI encompasses Computer Science along with other fields in Technology.
The CS Department incorporates faculty members with high competencies skills in various computer science disciplines such as: Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Databases ...etc. The variety of faculty members specializations assure to improve students’ skills during the academic program to be in line with the requirements of the labor market.
Besides teaching, the CS Department encourages research in a broad range of subjects, which would enable strong cross-cutting collaborations internally and externally. Our high quality in both teaching and research means that we are consistently seeking to meet the University vision in terms of enhancing the technical domain.
The CS Department awards a Bachelor's Degree for students. The outcomes of our academic program were built carefully to provide the marketplace with the proper workforce. Moreover, the academic program is assessed periodically to be compatible with the Unified Saudi Classification for Educational Levels and Disciplines, the National Qualifications Framework, as well as the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Chair of Computer Science Department
Dr. Abdulaziz Abdurabuh Alhubaishy