The College of Computing and Informatics at the Saudi Electronic University offers a master's program in cybersecurity, which aims to provide students with advanced knowledge necessary to excel in the contemporary highly competitive technology industry. The program focuses on the security of the institution’s cyberspace. The program equips students with the knowledge, skills and capacity to prevent and protect enterprise data from the threat of various forms of digital crime. The courses also focus on critical analysis skills, technical skills and extensive use of virtual laboratories via the Internet. This program is designed for students wishing to pursue their careers as specialists in information technology with the aim of protecting the information of their institutions from any external penetration by integrating theories with practical application. To know the basics of information systems and know how to manage information technology within the framework of the fundamentals of cybercrime. The program covers the field of security and legal aspects that affect information security in cyberspace.
The Importance and Reasons for Creating the Program
Keeping pace with the needs of the labor market and the Kingdom's 2030 vision.
The need for qualified professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of cybersecurity.
The need for qualified specialists in the field of combating electronic information crimes.
The need for specialists in assessing and analyzing local and international breaches that may occur to information systems.
The need for specialists with the ability to know the various vulnerabilities of computer networks and the methods used to penetrate network security and provide comprehensive solutions to reduce these breaches.
The program aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to have the ability to:
- Differentiate between various IT security models, their architecture, and the risks associated with transferring, processing, and storing information.
- Identify various weak points of the networks and the methods used to penetrate the security of computer networks and to provide comprehensive solutions to reduce these breaches.
- Demonstrate knowledge and explain the ethical and legal issues surrounding information security, which include information privacy and legitimacy.
- Evaluate and analyze the local and international breaches that may occur to the information systems.
- Develop solutions to protect computer networks and information from threats and intrusions on both internal and external scales.
Duration of Study in the Program
4 semesters, 36 credit hours (12 courses).
Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Program
Information Security Analyst/administrator.
Cyber Security Manager/director.
Cyber Security Analyst/administrator.
Information Security Manager/director.
Information Technology Manager/director.
Network Security Manager/director.
Network Security Analyst/administrator.
Educational and Academic field occupations in General and Higher Education Institutions.
- The Master of Cyber Security program contains 12 courses, three credit hours each, distributed over four semesters.
- The program is only offered in English.
|Coding|| Course Name||Credit Hours||Prerequisite|
|CYS501||Research Methods in Computational Studies||3|
|CYS507||Introduction to Cyber Security and Digital Crime||3|
|CYS564||Cyber Defense in Web Based Attacks||3/lab||CYS507|
|CYS566||Securing Enterprise Infrastructure using Cyber Security Techniques||3/lab||CYS507|
|CYS663||Digital Forensics and Investigations||3/lab||CYS507|
|CYS613||Security Threats and Countermeasures in Complex Organizational Networks||3/lab||CYS507|
|CYS642||Innovative Solutions in Software Security||3/lab||CYS507, CYS564|
|CYS645||Information Security Management, Legal and Ethical Issues||3||CYS507|
|CYS666||Advanced Principles of Cyber Security||3/lab||CYS507, CYS564|
|CYS683||Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing||3/lab||CYS564|
|CYS698||Capstone Project in Cyber Security||3||Department Approval|
To view the study plan files
Master in Cyber Security plan Click Here
Pre-Master Cyber Security Program
The College of Computing and Informatics at the Saudi Electronic University offers a Pre-Master program to qualify non-specialists who hold a bachelor’s degree in Science or Administration; or graduated from Technical Collages; or specialists who have not met the required knowledge units in The Saudi Cybersecurity Higher Education Framework to provide them with basic knowledge and skills to enable who passed this Pre-Master Program to join the Master of Cyber Security Program. This program aims to qualify students with high academic skills in the aspects of cyber security for entities and organizations, with an interest in providing them with the latest means, tools, methods, knowledge, skills and capabilities necessary to prevent and protect corporate data from the risk of digital information crimes, as the program focuses on combining the cognitive and applied aspects in Cyber Security field including programming skills, concepts of operating systems, network design and administration, databases and introductory courses for utilizing cybersecurity technology in solving various problems in all areas of life.
The Importance and Reasons for Creating the Program
- Keeping pace with the needs of the labor market and the Saudi Vision 2030.
- The need for qualified professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills in the cyber security field.
- The need for qualified specialists in the field of combating digital information crimes.
- The need for specialists in assessing and analyzing local and international breaches that may occur to information systems.
- The need for specialists with the ability to know the various vulnerabilities of computer networks and the methods used to penetrate network security and provide comprehensive solutions to prevent these intrusions.
- The desire of many non-specialists to enter the cyber security field and specialize in it.
- Therefore, the College of Computing and Informatics at the Saudi Electronic University offers this Pre-Master Program for non-specialists to enable them to acquire the basic skills that must be mastered before starting the Master of Cyber Security Program, which was built and prepared according to international standards and conform the latest techniques and methods to qualify cadres to face major challenges in the cyber security field successfully and creatively.
1- Providing students with the basic skills required for the Master of Cyber Security Program.
2- Develop students' academic skills and make them aligned with the Master of Cyber security Program requirements.
3- Bridging the knowledge gap for non-specialized students who intend to study in the Master of Cyber Security Program.
Duration of Study in the Program
Admission Requirements for the Pre-Master Program
- The admission requirements stated in The Unified Regulations for Postgraduate Studies in Saudi Universities (click here).
- The Bachelor degree should be in: computer, scientific, administrative, or technical colleges.
- Have at least "Very Good" Grade in the bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA not less than (2.75 out of 4.00 or 3.75 out of 5.00).
Equivalency of Courses from the Bachelor's Program
Students can equate four courses (a maximum of the pre-master program courses) with courses they have passed at the undergraduate level with the following conditions :
1- Submitting the equivalency request via the system during the announced period for equivalency.
2- Submitting evidence of studying the course at the bachelor's program in English.
3- The university at which the bachelor's degree was studied should be recognized by the Ministry of Education.
4- The grade of the course to be equivalent must be (good) or higher.
5- The course should be studied in a regular or blended education style.
6- The course specification of the course to be equivalent must match the equivalent SEU course.
7- The course to be equivalent should be passed during the last five years, not before that.
8- Submitting detailed course specifications of the courses to be equivalent, certified by the university in which the courses were studied.
Admission Requirements for the Master of Cyber Security Program
1- Passing all the courses of the Pre-master program during one academic year (two semesters) as a maximum.
2- Passing the Pre-master program with a very good or higher grade with a cumulative GPA not less than (2.75 out of 4.00)
3- Not failing in any course in the Pre-master program.
4- The grade of any course of the Pre-master program should not be less than good.
The Pre-Master of Cyber Security Program contains Nine courses, three credit hours each, distributed over two semesters.
English is the Medium of Instruction in the Program.
Study Plan Structured by Semesters
|Course Code|| Course Name||Credit Hours||Prerequisite|
|CYS490||Object Oriented Programming||3||-|
|CYS492||Introduction to Cyber Security and Digital Crime||3||-|
|CYS496||Introduction to Database||3||-|
|CYS497||Network Security||3||CYS492 , CYS493|
|CYS498||IT Security and Policies||3||CYS492|