Saudi Electronic University Research Initiative to Support E-Learning in Higher Education
In light of the current pandemic facing the world (COVID-19) which drastically altered people's daily life, one of the preventive measures is to employ technology in education, work remotely, and stay at home. This is without a doubt an important incentive to improve and plan for the future of the educational process in all countries of the world.
SEU Being a pioneer in the field of e-learning in Saudi Arabia and a front-runner in dealing with challenges facing the educational system in such crises, by finding instant solutions and offering support by a group of faculty and researchers in various disciplines;
The Deanship of Scientific Research is pleased to launch an initiative to fund research projects to support E-learning in University/Higher Education and invites all interested researchers to submit their research proposals via Email. The Deanship will provide the necessary support for outstanding proposals to be completed within a period not exceeding (six months) from the date of signing Contract.
Themes and Domains:
- Challenges facing e-learning, especially during the transition to e-learning due to Coronavirus.
- Trends and future outlook for e-learning.
- The infrastructure of educational institutions and how they faced the sudden transformation to e-learning due to Coronavirus.
- Assessing the economic and social impact at this stage.
- Evaluating the role and impact of media, both traditional and digital.
- Evaluating the impact of social media in preventing and limiting the spread in such circumstances.
- Implementing artificial intelligence, big data, and informational programs to analyze, forecast, and extract important information.